18 August 2009

1-Aerodynamic

12 STARS out of 10


This used to be among my very favorite songs. I bought Discovery in 2000 or so, and Aerodynamic was one of the few songs that would really shine even in my Plymouth Horizon's crappy speakers. Daft Punk are badasses from France putting techno in my pants.

Aerodynamic is one of those excellent, excellent little songs that you'll never hear on the radio, at least not by itself. But by itself, or even better, as part of the Discovery LP, it's an envigorating, upbeat song that immediat3ly starts the party. The subtler overtones and undertones are all but missing in mp3 form, but I recall the CD, and when I'm rich enough to buy the same CD twice, Discovery will definitely be my first.

Come to think of it, I already bought it as a vinyl. I guess that means I'll wind up buying Discovery thrice.

There are worse ways  to spend money.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93-7vRfxNs

No comments:

Post a Comment