25 September 2011

#22 - M83 - We Own the Sky

It has been long enough since I let this blog sit idle, and after my break I am back with a newfangled idea to entice readers to give me feedback. First, I'm asking you: Please tell me what you think of my reviews, technique, structure, you-call-it. This will enable me to produce better-planned work in the future. Second, I will tickle your fancy and save you the effort of scanning youtube yourself. Video links will be added to past entries as soon as I am able to find these masterpiece songs.

TODAY's review is something that I have heard in the past and recently re-stumbled-upon.
M83 is a band that I have barely ever seen referenced, but creates ambience-filling, haunting-yet-delicious tunes.


We Own The Sky is like a blimp. A zeppelin? It floats powerfully along and sounds great the whole time. Not only does the song sound like some gigantic cruise-missile-made-of-awesome-sound-waves, its music video also features lots of flying objects, some the size of whales.

Why are you reading this last part?

tl;dr - Cool song, click link.

No comments:

Post a Comment