15 February 2010

19 - Royksopp

I have a fetish for Nordic Electronica, it seems. Royksopp, The Knife, Bjork, etc, are foreign enough and clean enough that their musical value is much higher in my mind than much of the recycled American pop. Not that Scandinavians are my only fetish. I'm realizing that I also love some Australian music (Theatre of Disco, MGMT), in addition to the obbbbbvious French music scene (Justice, Daft Punk, 4Trakz, etc).

It would really be impossible to choose my favorite Royksopp song, because on Melody AM, The Understanding, and Junior, I have not come across a single track that I dislike. These guys (Royksopp is the duo of Torbjørn Brundtland and Svein Berge, according to Wikipedia) are straight up living legends.

For this time, consider my Royksopp pick to be the band and all its albums, because it would feel wrong to choose one song without carefully considering the wonderful rest of them.

The following songs on JUNIOR are particularly awesome: Happy Up Here, The Girl and the Robot, Vision One, This Must Be It, Royksopp Forever, Miss It So Much, Tricky Tricky, You Don't Have a Clue, Silver Cruiser, True To Life, It's What I Want.

For the unfamiliar, a quick note: that list is every song on the album. It is very close to perfection. You need to look Royksopp up. Now!

Also worth mentioning: the 4th Royksopp album, Senior, should hit stores in 2010, so start saving those pennies up in a jar!


Here's a song to get you started:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Bpx63wkbA

1 comment:

  1. Also worth mentioning: the 4th Royksopp album, Senior, should hit stores in 2010, so start saving those pennies up in a jar!

    ReplyDelete