09 September 2009

16 - Drama*

12 of 10
Chris Krawall - Drama
Hamburg, Germany
From the musician's myspace page.

This little song belongs in an extended James Bond chase scene. It starts out harsh with a siren as the main noise, is swallowed by a church organ, starts flying with a harpsichord solo, then brings back the siren with bass and strings. You can't help but get energized. I haven't known of Krawall for long, and I've never met the guy, but if I did I'd have to tell him that he's got some impressive talent built into the design of this song. Chris Krawall is interesting... I really like most of the single songs the guy's posted on his myspace, but when I downloaded his mixtapes a while ago they just struck me as mediocre. So basically check out this guy's stuff and maybe he'll come out with an EP or LP sometime soon. I'll be waiting!

*The song this review is for is 4:14 long; on Krawall's myspace the song Drama is now 6:35 long. The cut of it that I reviewed starts about 1:03 and is a bit different at points but overall the long version is the same with a different intro.

No comments:

Post a Comment